About our Church
Peace Lutheran Church is a member of the ELCA denomination. In following Jesus Christ, we take seriously his command to love God and love others. This is the core of our faith life.
- In worship we express our love for God.
- In service we care for others.
- In education we grow more deeply in our faith.
- In youth we nurture the next generation.
- In groups we support, encourage and care for one another.
Together we are Peace Lutheran Church.
The best way to learn more about our congregation is to visit and talk with the people you meet. You are always welcome and encouraged to contact our Pastor, Bryan Schneider-Thomas, with any quesitons you may have.
PEACE LUTHERAN CHURCH
- sharing God's love and good news in Jesus Christ
Our vision for Peace Lutheran Church in 2011 is:
- Faithfully remit 10% of our General Fund receipts to "Our Ministry Worldwide"
- To contribute support to our mission church partners and our local benevolences
- Encourage/support the development of special interest & fellowship groups within this congregation
- Develop neighborhood visitation teams to call upon new residents with Guest Information
- Develop and train greeters to welcome visitors
- To actively involve this congregation in the caring ministries of this church
- Continue to develop new alternative worship styles
- Involve this congregation in the caring Christian Service outside of the immediate congregation needs in the greater local community
- To actively organize a committee structure to carry out the visions of this congregation
Peace Lutheran Church was begun as a mission of Trinity Lutheran Church of Conklin--LCMS in 1958. Over the subsequent years it has grown into a thriving congregation of the ELCA that is rich in tradition, looking to the future, committed to ministering in the Sparta area.